Looking for something to feed the kids? Need a great dessert to take to a gathering?
In the mood for a delicious soup, salad or whatever? Look no further.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Strawberry Cupcakes


I am so addicted to these right now I am going to have a strawberry cupcake caboose pretty soon. They taste like summer! I got the recipe from this site and I have loved everything I have made from her. This is a must try. This is also a fun recipe for kids to help with.



Wild Strawberry Cupcakes
Makes 24 plus-the recipe said 36 but I got about 28
16 oz Strawberries Destemmed
4 eggs
1 3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1 t. Vanilla
1 1/2 t. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Cups Flour
Place first four ingredients in blender. Blend until fully pureed.Pour into large bowl and mix with remaining ingredients. Spoon into cupcake wrappers. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched. Allow to cool. Frost with recipe below.
Sweet and Pure Strawberry Buttercream
3/4 Cup fresh Strawberries destemmed
1/2 Cup Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
2 lb Powdered Sugar
Over a large bowl crush the strawberries in your hands(I just used a fork in the bowl). Allow juice and pulp to fall into bowl. Add remaining ingredients and beat well with an electric mixer. Frost cooled cupcakes. Allow to set at room temperature. I have found you have plenty leftover after frosting cupcakes to eat with a spoon-or your fingers!


3 comments:

  1. Devany loves anything with strawberries, I will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these today, they are really good! I made mini cupcakes with the leftover batter. I am going to have to throw the left over frosting away, I can't stay out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the bomb! I'd forgotten how good they are until yesterday, when I was deliciously reminded. Mmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete