I had some peaches in my Bountiful Basket that were REALLY ripe on the outside and hard near the pits. But I still wanted to use them, and figured any cooked peaches are good. These really tasted like peach cobbler. I got the recipe from allrecipes, but I have totally tweaked it. Sarah and Lizzie each had several after dance yesterday, so there's the kid endorsement factor.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups peeled, pitted, and chopped peaches-I like even more, and the smaller the pieces the better.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 16 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the applesauce, eggs, and sugar. Stir the wet mixture into the flour mixture just until moist. Fold in the peaches. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.