Looking for something to feed the kids? Need a great dessert to take to a gathering?
In the mood for a delicious soup, salad or whatever? Look no further.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vegetable Cashew Stir Fry

I made this last night and it is SO good!! I haven't convinced my family that it is okay to eat at least one vegetarian meal a week, so next time I am going to add either chicken or beef. I doubled the recipe, and probably should have tripled it. Doubled, we all had seconds, and Rocky was supposed to take some for lunch. Tripled, it would have been for lunch today. I got it off of the fresh365 blog if you want to see a picture. It was gone before I could take one!


Vegetable Cashew Stir-fry
adapted from Gourmet, May 2007 . serves 4
3 T vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 small head broccoli, chopped
1/4 lb snow peas (apx 2 c)
1 bunch scallions, chopped (and green parts separated)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 T grated peeled fresh ginger
1/4 t dried red-pepper flakes
3/4 c vegetable broth
1 1/2 T soy sauce
1 1/2 t cornstarch
1 t sugar
1/2 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
1/2 c salted roasted cashews
1 T sesame seeds

Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat until a drop of water evaporates immediately. Add oil, then stir fry bell pepper, broccoli, peapods, garlic, ginger, red-pepper flakes, and scallion whites until vegetables are just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, salt and pepper. Add to veggies in wok. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in scallion greens, cashews and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I love stir fry because it is such a quick dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this a couple weeks ago and it was SO GOOD. This is what I'm making every time we want stir fry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather
    Do you serve this over rice or is it enough on it's own?
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Heather served it over rice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had this last week. Mmmm, Mmmm, GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made this once a week for the last month....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, so I just made this for the first time, and it's definitely going to be a regular. Total yumminess and easiness!

    ReplyDelete