Looking for something to feed the kids? Need a great dessert to take to a gathering?
In the mood for a delicious soup, salad or whatever? Look no further.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cheesey Bacon Deviled Eggs



Normally I'm not a big fan of deviled eggs - but these are so not your average deviled eggs. I usually only boil up eggs at Easter time, or for a potato salad. Well, if I am going to go to the work of boiling and peeling eggs, I would rather make and serve these any day over plain old potato salad. Now that reminds me that I will have to post my favorite not so plain potato salad recipe - it has bacon in it too!


I got this recipe from allrecipes, but I have changed it a little to make it even better.


12 hard-boiled eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1/4 C finely shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon mustard (I use stone ground)
Paprika if desired


Peel the hard-boiled eggs, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to a small bowl. Mash egg yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, crumbled bacon and cheese. Fill egg white halves with the yolk mixture and refrigerate until serving.


I use a pastry bag type dispenser to give the eggs that swirly look - but you have to make sure the tip is big enough so that it doesn't get clogged with bacon. Otherwise you can just fill the the eggs with spoons. Also, I eyeball most of the ingredients in this recipe - if ya need more mayo or mustard, toss it in - more bacon or cheese would only make these better.


P.S. Some photos on my posts are not photos that I take myself. I find them at google images and on allrecipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment