Looking for something to feed the kids? Need a great dessert to take to a gathering?
In the mood for a delicious soup, salad or whatever? Look no further.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Applesauce Muffins


My kids love these muffins. I really like them too because they are a little more filling and not to sweet. Overall the muffins are a pretty healthy breakfast option too. I think you could get creative and add craisins, raisins, nuts, etc. to the recipe. To save time in the morning, I will prep the dry ingredients the night before and then finish the rest right before I am ready to bake them.

Combine and mix well:
2 c. flour (I like to use 1 c. wheat and 1 c. white flour)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Add:
1 stick of melted butter
3/4 c. sugar

Blend well, then add
2 eggs
1 c. applesauce

Blend mixture well. It will be similar to the consistency of oatmeal. Fill baking cups and bake at 350 for 19 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I am a huge muffin fan and these look tasty, so I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these a couple of days ago. They were so yummy! I used all white whole wheat flour and they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so good drew and I made them this morning. I had an apple that was soft so I put that in and some raisins so good thanks for the receipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot about this recipe unil Jenn posted her review yesterday. I made them for an after school snack,and my kids loved them! I didn't have any applesauce, but I did have two apples. I cooked them until they were soft and them smooshed them up. I liked how there were little pieces of apple in the muffins. Thanks, Liz!

    ReplyDelete