Looking for something to feed the kids? Need a great dessert to take to a gathering?
In the mood for a delicious soup, salad or whatever? Look no further.

Monday, July 27, 2009

4-H Brownies

Its funny you should ask for a brownie recipe. I'm getting all my recipes in one place, and I just typed this one up today. I got this when we were doing 4-H at our house. This is our "go to" brownie recipe. They are not fancy, but really yummy, and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. I'll post a picture next time we make them.

1 stick plus 2 Tbsp. butter softened, not melted
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup cocoa
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Beat butter and sugar together with an electric mixer. Add vanilla and eggs, mixing well. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter batter. Mix it well using an electric mixer. Spread batter in a greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool for at least 1 hour before serving. If you can last that long you have better will power than we do!

I like these better when you cream the butter and sugar really well, about 4 minutes. If I'm taking them somewhere I sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I am going to make these tomorrow. We have really been craving brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know whether to put this in the comments or post it on the blog (It's not really a recipe) . . . but, tonight I made some brownies and I topped them with chocolate chip cookie dough. You could use this brownie recipe - except use a 9X13 pan. Then make a half recipe of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough and spread (or drop evenly over the brownie mixture and bake it until done. The brownie is moist and the cookie top gets crispy. They were quite tasty - just make sure they get cooked the whole way through. I cooked them for 30 min @ 375 and the brownies were still kind of gooey in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was 30 min at 350 not 375.

    ReplyDelete