Looking for something to feed the kids? Need a great dessert to take to a gathering?
In the mood for a delicious soup, salad or whatever? Look no further.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia


I know we haven't been posting for a while, but this recipe I found on pinterest is so ridiculously delicious that I had to share.

This is one of my favorite dishes I've tried on Pinterest.  It is delicious.  Lots of flavor, not at all dry, and super fast and easy.  Everyone loved it.  I didn't make nearly enough.  It was a bit spicy for some, so I've toned down the jalapeno a bit, but not cut it out altogether, because it really adds to the yumminess. I'm altering the proportions for my family of 6 (with a little bit of leftovers) and based on my personal taste.

Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia

6 tilapia fillets (or similar thin white fish) - about 2 pounds
1/2  jalapeno pepper
6-7 garlic cloves
3 inch grated fresh ginger (3 tablespoons)
6 tablespoons soy sauce
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 cup chopped cilantro
Scallions, chopped for garnish
Extra cilantro, to garnish

Heat the oven to 475ºF. Pat the fish dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish.
Chop the pepper and garlic, and grate the ginger. Put in a small food processor with the soy sauce, chicken broth, sesame oil, and cilantro. Whir until blended. Pour the sauce over the fish, rubbing it in a little. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through (mine took about 12 minutes). It will be very moist and gelatinous, still.
Garnish with scallions and cilantro. Serve immediately.  We had it with cilantro-lime rice and a green salad.

Recipe Source: Faith Durand from thekitchn.com

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this! Thanks, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks so good. I need a new way to cook tilapia. You really can't go wrong with all of those flavors!

    ReplyDelete