Looking for something to feed the kids? Need a great dessert to take to a gathering?
In the mood for a delicious soup, salad or whatever? Look no further.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Squares


PLEASE NOTE: THIS RECIPE IS FOR A STONEWARE BAR PAN.
IT NEEDS TO BE REVISED TO WORK FOR EITHER A SHEET PAN OR A CAKE PAN.

I like this recipe, because I prefer to make these instead of pie.
They seem to be less work, and they are great for large gatherings.
Plus it’s easy to divvy them up to give away to the neighbors.

image

CRUST:

1-1/4 C flour
3/4 C oats (quick or old fashioned)
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C pecans, chopped
2/3 C butter, melted

FILLING:

4 eggs
2 (15oz) cans pumpkin
2 (14oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350

Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and pecans. Add melted butter and mix well. Press into the bottom of a stoneware bar pan. Bake for 15 min. Meanwhile, beat the eggs and then add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until smooth. Pour over cooled crust and bake for 30-35 minutes or until filling is set and a knife comes out clean.

I top these with a dollop of whipped cream and they are just as tasty as pie. I even like the brown sugar oatmeal crust better than traditional pie crust.

4 comments:

  1. Neisha, I love the new look for the blog! It's beautiful.

    I am a pumpkin nut, so I can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look tasty! Like Danielle, I'm a fiend fror pumpkin.

    I also love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Everyone - this recipe is not for a sheet/jelly roll pan. It's for a stoneware bar pan. I will make them again and revise the recipe to fit either a sheet pan or a cake pan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these yesterday in a 9x13 cake pan. I guess it was probably thicker than it otherwise would have been, but it turned out well. I ended up baking it about an hour.

    ReplyDelete