Looking for something to feed the kids? Need a great dessert to take to a gathering?
In the mood for a delicious soup, salad or whatever? Look no further.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Broccoli and bacon salad

I had a request to post this recipe, so here it is. A big pile of broccoli may not sound all that exciting, but trust me, once you add the rest of the not-so-healthy ingredients, it's down right yummy.

Broccoli and bacon salad

2 bunches of broccoli, cut up
1/4 c. chopped green onion (or red onion, if that's what you prefer.. personally, I prefer green)
1 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
1 c. sunflower seeds
1 c. dried cranberries

Dressing:
1 1/2 c. mayo
1/2 c. sugar
4 Tbl vinegar

Mix up dressing, add to the rest of ingredients and coat thoroughly.

2 comments:

  1. At first I too wondered about all of that broccoli, but all I can say is, "WOW". I loved this salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My mom used to make this stuff and I'd forgotten all about it.

    Thank you!

    Also - If you take requests, will you please post the recipe to... what were they called? Ebelskivers? Those tasty round pancakes with some sort of fabulous vanilla syrup your mom used to make when I would sleepover?

    ReplyDelete