Looking for something to feed the kids? Need a great dessert to take to a gathering?
In the mood for a delicious soup, salad or whatever? Look no further.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tres Leches Cake


Danielle brought this recipe to one of our playgroup recipe exchanges. This cake is so good that:
a) Drew requested it for his birthday instead of some frosting-sculpted concoction, and
b) I gave out the recipe four times when I brought it to our Memorial Day Barbecue.

Tres Leches Cake

1 package white cake mix
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups water

Combine and mix until well-blended. Pour batter into 9x13 pan and bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Using a serrated knife slice off the top of the cake, just the brown part, and eat it while your kids aren't looking.

In medium bowl mix:
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla

Whisk until well-blended. Pour entire mixture slowly over the surface of the cake, letting it absorb for at least five minutes.

Spread over the top with:
8 oz whipped cream or cool whip

Garnish with:
1/4 cups sliced almonds
sliced strawberries


(Note: In the recipe I have 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon is included, but I didn't write down where to use it. Can you help me out Danielle? I haven't used it yet and it's still been good though.)

2 comments:

  1. I just sprinkle the cinnamon on top of the cake before serving. I love this cake too. Lizzie asks for it for her birthday every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of you, Danielle, when I think of Tres Leches cake. I remember you saying this was really good, but I haven't made it yet. I think I will try it for my Grandpa's birthday next weekend!

    ReplyDelete